Cuyahoga Falls Market Report for January 2015
Home Sales Statistics for Cuyahoga Falls for January 2015
for Single Family Homes are:
- 26 Closed Sales in January of which 7 (27%) were distressed sales*
- Median list price was $84,900
- Median sales price was $80,000
- Median days on the market was 61 days
- Low sales price of $25,500 - High sales price of $234,000
*Distressed sales being either foreclosures that are now bank owned or short sales.
New Pending Sales
- 48 New 'Pending' Sales in January of which 17 (35%) were distressed sales
- Median list price was $97,000
- Median days on the market was 75 days
- Low list price was $37,000 - High list price was $267,800
- 199 Active listings currently on the market
- Median list price is $114,900
- Median days on the market is 92 days
- Low list price of $29,500 - High List price of $989,900
The Cuyahoga Falls real estate market continues to be a "tale of two cities" with the original Cuyahoga Falls containing the majority of the housing stock which is older, and well established while what was Northampton prior to the merger of the two contains fewer homes but with a higher overall value range. The reason for this is that the vast majority of homes in what was Northampton are newer and larger homes built since the mid to late 1990's. This explains the wide swings in value ranges in the above statistics.
Last year Cuyahoga Falls had an average of 48 homes per month sell. Based on that statistic, our current housing market in Cuyahoga Falls with 199 homes for sale would be considered a slight sellers market with a little over a 4 month supply of homes. A 5 to 6 month range is considered balanced.
If you are considering selling your home, now would be a good time to get it on the market before the increase in new listings in early spring will bring more competing sellers into the market.
If you are curious about the market value of your home or would like helpful tips on getting your home market ready to maximize your sales proceeds, simply give me a call or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I am always glad to help.
Tony Morganti, CRS, ABR